Politics Anambra Governorship Elections: APC has no consensus Candidate– Ezeemo

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-8-23_1-27-28.png

Mr Godwin Ezeemo,Gubernatorial aspirant for Anambra governorship on the platform of All Progressives Congress, APC, has refuted claims that Senator Chris Ngige emerged as consensus candidate for the APC.

Ezeemo said: “I have not stepped down for anybody and will never do that. I have always believed in free and fair contest where the best candidate will emerge.

“I want to state unequivocally that I am still in the race for Anambra Governorship under the platform of All Progressives Congress; a party I and other well meaning Anambra people worked hard to build. The rumour making the rounds that Chris Ngige has emerged the flag bearer of the All Progressives Congress in the November 16 Anambra election is baseless and unfounded.

“The attempt to impose a candidate on Anambra people is a deceptive ploy by Rochas Okorocha who is battling to have a sound footing in APC in his own state Imo State. Those who do not want to go to the polls to test their popularity and want to take power through the back doors are clearly scared of my pedigree. I challenge them to the contest before Anambra people who have the ultimate right and final say on who governs them.”

“I have a very firm belief that a free and fair primaries for the purpose of electing a flag bearer for our great party All Progressives Congress in the forth coming Anambra governorship elections will make our party stronger.”

Back