Mugabe Sworn in for Seventh Term as Zimbabwe’s President

A

abujagirl

20138121343247734_20.jpg

Robert Mugabe has been sworn in for his seventh term as Zimbabwe’s leader, Thursday following disputed elections.

Mr Mugabe won with 61% of the presidential vote against 34% for Morgan Tsvangirai on 31 July.

Outgoing prime minister and opposition leader Tsvangirai did not attend the inauguration ceremony.

Luke Tamborinyoka,Tsvangiri’s spokesperson said"Expecting Tsvangirai to attend the inauguration is like expecting a victim of robbery to attend a party hosted by the robber".

Free drinks and T-shirts reading "Mugabe fearless revolutionary" being given to the crowds.

One of the banners in the stadium read: "It's Africa versus Europe with Zimbabwe as the new battlefront”.

On inauguration, the 89-year-old President Mugabe pledged, "to observe, uphold and defend the constitution of Zimbabwe" in an oath administered by Chief Justice Godfrey Chidyausiku, extending his 33-year rule.

Why can't he go live in another country in exile? Abi e don spoil ground for everywhere?

Look at him. He has become wizened. I don't know if any of you knew of the time last year when Zimbabwe had only $217 dollars in the national treasury? And when they were dealing with 1,000 percent inflation? Guess who we have to thank for that?

Yea. You guessed as much as I did. Same old, corny, devilish, black, vindictive controller right there.

Someone ought to give him an apple already.

Let me hear the people say "Amen"

Mind you @Jules and @Lequte, I find his diatribes entertaining and even mildly amusing.

Also, when Obasanjo went to disgrace Nigeria in the recently concluded Zimbabwe elections, I may have laughed a little.

Mind you @Jules and @Lequte, I find his diatribes entertaining and even mildly amusing.

Also, when Obasanjo went to disgrace Nigeria in the recently concluded Zimbabwe elections, I may have laughed a little.
Obasanjo wasn't the only person that declared the election free and fair, SADC and AU did same. I could easily accuse the west of been biased due to Mugabe's inflammatory speeches and policies

Obasanjo wasn't the only person that declared the election free and fair, SADC and AU did same. I could easily accuse the west of been biased due to Mugabe's inflammatory speeches and policies
But you see...the SADC actually waited until hard facts were brought to the table before confirming it fair. They said it was free, but impossible - as at the time I read it - to say if it was fair.

But you see...the SADC actually waited until hard facts were brought to the table before confirming it fair. They said it was free, but impossible - as at the time I read it - to say if it was fair.
Obasanjo is a wise man...he saw the future before SADC.

Obasanjo is a wise man...he saw the future before SADC.

Back