Sports READ: What Guus Hiddink Said After Chelsea's win at Southampton

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

Chelsea on Saturday clawed back from a goal down to defeat a spiritless Southampton at the St. Mary's stadium.

Fabregas' strike and Ivanovich's header were enough to grab the three points after a Shane Long first half header.

Speaking after the match Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink said: "I think it was a deserved win for us. They haven't conceded in last six, seven games so it was successful for us.

"We had a setback when we went 1-0 down, it was a present from our defence, but we did very well in the second half. We were well organised and then got the goals."

On replacing Baba Rahman, whose mistake led to Southampton's goal, at half-time: "I don't want to make a fake injury. I took him off because of the error. He has to cope with that. He was very down in the locker room about his mistake, but we have to make decisions like we did."

On match-winner Branislav Ivanovic and the injured John Terry: "Branislav is a very good header, he jumps well and is courageous. Then his execution is perfect. I hope that John is close to returning but we have a lot of games remaining. I don't want to take a big risk on his fitness."

Attachments

• guus hiddink.jpg
    guus hiddink.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 13
Back