Metro Unemployed Graduates Now Wash Cars to Earn a Living in Kaduna

Do you think entrpreneurship will reduce the rate of unemployment in Nigeria?

• Yes

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KemiO

car-washing.jpg

Graduates are now setting up car washing service to earn a living in Kaduna State.

Some who were interviewd are Julius Samba, a graduate of the University of Maiduguri who set up his own car wash facility after struggling to get a job. He said that he makes a minimum of N80,000 per month and will reject a job offered to him now.

Also, Kingsley Humphrey who graduated from the University of Abuja in 2009 claims to earn N120,000 monthly from his car washing outfit at Barnawa area of the city. He urged other unemployed graduates to make good use of their time instead of wasting it in criminal activities.

Cool. Oversimplified, but cool. Whatsoever your hands findeth to do, do it (and do well, it adds).

Entrepreneurship is always a risky and scary venture for most people. Humans feel the inherent need to be protected by an umbrella corporation, because they are guaranteed a salary per month, as opposed to flopping off in uncharted one-man business terrain and hitting rock bottom, deep down the murky depths of debt and bankruptcy.

But here's what I think/know: working for someone else is no better. You waste your life fulfilling your employer's dreams and what do you get? A nice car. A house. Wife. Kids.

Cool deal, you reckon?

But what about you? Did you do what you wanted to do with your life? Remember those times when you wake up in the morning, hiss and say, "shit, I have to go to work. Not again"? That's your subconscious protesting and saying "NO, I WANNA DO ME FOR A CHANGE!"

If you ask me, those kids with the carwash got it right. I am proud of them, even if I am not their father.

True. i have witnessed a lot of people humbly and patiently waiting for a job and even going for interviews, spending their last cash on transportation at the end of the day, it is given to someone who doesnt deserve it.

I watched my elder sis suffer for two years seriously looking for a job, she was even fortunate to meet top people in the society to help her get a job. But u know na, no one wants to help you for free even those we knew as family friends. but i thank God she finally got a job in a good place without any ones help but God. I even jokingly told her when she gets a job, i'll do public announcement on the radio.

From my observation, unemployment takes a negative toll on a person; depression, frustration sets in and thats why a lot of this graduates who cant cope go into armed robbery and so on.

I really like what this young guys are doing in kaduna, unemployed youths should not wait again for a job, they should create their jobs. While i was doing my service in 2011, i remember people saying that instead of the government to spend the money they use for organizing the youth corp, they should give the graduates a certain sum to establish themselves. Although i'm not sure if that could help reduce unemployment but i think if handled properly, it will go along way to reducing unemployment.

Enterpreneurialism is the best. Get people to work for you and get the lion share. It pays in the long run although you might have to work to get capital.

Back