Politics What Osinbajo Said After Being 'Insulted' by El-Rufai During Meeting With Buhari - TRENTOnline

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Here's the account of TrentOnline depicting the incident where Gov. Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state reportedly got vice President Yemi Osinbajo angry, making him to storm out of a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.

osinbajo buhari rufai.jpg

Excerpt:

An informed source in the Presidency narrated a disturbing incident to our reporter, which happened a few weeks ago.

He words: “So, it happened that in a meeting of Buhari’s kitchen cabinet in Aso Rock, Governor El Rufai in trying to disagree with Osinbajo’s contribution raised his voice and insulted the VP in the meeting.

"To everybody’s surprise, Osinbajo got upset, told El Rufai off and told the President, ‘I am an elected Vice President of this country, I will not sit here while an ordinary governor insults me in your presence. I deserve some respect.’

“Osinbajo, then, stormed out of the meeting angrily, leaving the President and others present stunned.

“Still not done, El Rufai who was ruffled by the unexpected action of the veepee told President Buhari, ‘If he had respect for you, he would not have walked out on you.’

“Mr. President responded coldly and quietly as the scene unfolded, and was mute as Governor El Rufai tried to deflect blame for what happened.

“When Buhari remained silent and said nothing after the childish outburst by El Rufai, everyone got the message that the meeting would not continue without Osinbajo. Some people excused themselves to go to Osinbajo to beg him to come back to the meeting. The Vice President, reportedly, told the peace-makers he would not return to the meeting unless El Rufai came and apologised to him.

“El Rufai sat quietly after Buhari’s rebuff, feeling like an overzealous son whose father was displeased with. That was how the meeting ended. At some point, a visibly disappointed Buhari also stormed out of the room, leaving El Rufai with egg on his face.

“All is not well in Buhari’s kitchen cabinet. El Rufai has been uninvited from Buhari’s meetings since that incident,” the source concluded.

Source: TheTrentOnline

UPDATE: THE TRENT Blasted For Reporting Osinbajo Walked Out on Buhari After Being Insulted by El-Rufai

[PHOTO] Presidency Releases Picture of 'Happy-Looking' Osinbajo, El-Rufai

Last edited:
Back