Sports ‘I’m Looking For a New Team’ – Costa Hints at Chelsea Exit

kemi

Social Member
Chelsea striker Diego Costa, has revealed that manager Antonio Conte has asked him to leave Stamford Bridge, as he does not have a future at the club.

costa.PNG

The striker has been linked with a move away from the Premier League champions for much of the past season, despite scoring 22 goals in all competitions.

There were speculations Costa could move to the lucrative Chinese Super League in January, only to commit to Chelsea for the remainder of the campaign.

However, Conte has told him to look for a new club, amid reports linking the Blues with a bid for Everton striker Romelu Lukaku.

“I had a simple little message on my mobile from Conte in which he said that he isn’t counting on me for next season,” Costa told the media following Spain’s 2-2 friendly draw with Colombia on Wednesday.

“It will be because I’ve done badly this year. It’s a shame. I’ve forwarded the message on to the people at the club for them to decide but it’s clear that the coach isn’t counting on me and he doesn’t want me there.

“I’m on the market and so I’m looking for a team. If the coach doesn’t want you, you have to leave.”

Back