Politics 2015:'I have not Declared Any Political Ambition'-Babaginda Aliyu

A

abujagirl

Governor Babangida Aliyu of Niger state has said that he has not declared his interest to contest any elective position in the 2015 general elections.

Aliyu made the clarification on Monday when he received two delegations from Shiroro and Lapai Local Government Areas of the state.

The delegations visited the Government House on a condolence visit over the death of Senator Awaisu Kuta, who represented Niger East Senatorial District in the Senate.

"I have not told anybody I will contest in 2015. I believe that as God did it for me in 2007, He will still determine what is good for me in 2015,’’ Aliyu said while commending the people for supporting him.

"I am not the only politician in the area; I am not the only knowledgeable person I thank you for believing in me.''

He urged the people of the state not to mortgage their conscience as the country approaches the 2015 general elections, warning that doing so would be mortgaging their future.

"We should not allow people to confuse us. We should ask those that come to seek for our votes what they will do for us and our communities before agreeing to vote for them. Don’t collect money from them. If you collect money you have sold your future,’' he said.

Earlier the Emir of Lapai Alhaji Umar Bago and Alhaji Bashir Nuhu, who spoke on behalf of the two delegations, commended the giant developmental strides made by the governor since he assumed office in 2007. They commiserated with him over the death of Senator Dahiru Awaisu Kuta and Alhaji Adamu Muazu, former Secretary of the National Electoral Commission and prayed for the repose of their souls.

#Niger #BabagindaAliyu

babaginda aliyu.jpg

Back