Metro 27-year Old Man Jailed For Stealing Computer Game

P

PressRoom

magistrate court.jpg

An Igbosere Magistrates’ Court in Lagos state, on Thursday convicted a 27-year-old man, Ibrahim Aiyelangbe, of burglarising a company.

According to The Nation, Magistrate O. A. Olagbehinde sentenced Aiyelangbe to four months in Ikoyi Prison, Lagos, without an option of fine, after he admitted stealing a Sony PlayStation Portable (PSP) Game and N19, 000 cash.

The court accepted his plea of guilt after examining the stolen items tendered as exhibits by prosecuting police Corporal Friday Mameh.

“I don’t have anything to say. I want the court to have mercy on me. I will not do it again,” Aiyelangbe said when the court asked him if he had anything to say.

Corporal Mameh told the court that on May 9, at about 1:30am Aiyelangbe scaled a fence into the premises of Axon Engineering Ltd on Glover Street, Ikoyi.

The prosecutor added that Aiyelangbe stole “a PSP Game 2003 Model valued at N40,000 and the sum of N19,000 cash, totalling N59,000, property of Joshua Saidu Bature, a supervisor at Axon Engineering.”

Mameh said Bature and a security operative on duty that night at the company, apprehended Aiyelangbe with the items within the company’s premises and handed him over to the police.

Source: The Nation

Back