Metro A Silver of Hope in Jos, Nigeria Following the Bombings- Open Doors

A

abujagirl

In late May, three bombings took the lives of more than 100 people in a span of four days, in the Nigerian city of Jos. The bombs are believed to have been planted by Boko Haram. Among the victims were seven Christian students who were killed in a bus in the vicinity of the first explosion, reported the Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students.

The students had just finished their medical school lectures, and were returning to their hostels. ‘‘My daughter went for lectures as usual,” said Humphey Nwafor, whose 20-year-old daughter Francisca, a Nigeria Fellowship of Evangelical Students leader, was killed in the attack. “After the bomb blast, I started searching in most of the hospitals, but I couldn’t find her until yesterday morning [May 21]. I saw her body at the university teaching hospital mortuary.”

Hours after the bombings, rumors circulated across the city that Christian youths were planning to attack Muslims in revenge. Religious leaders issued appeals for peace among their congregations. A sliver of hope began to emerge after the attacks, when a number of Christian campus-based groups began to engage in dialogue with leading Muslim youth groups to reflect on the situation, and promote a peaceful coexistence.

Click here to read more

Source: #OpenDoors

#Jos #plateaustate #NigeriaFellowshipofEvangelicalStudents #bokoharam

jos blast.jpg

Back