Politics Abuja Bomb Blast: Patience Jonathan Weeps, Prays for Perpetrators

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Nigeria's First Lady Patience Jonathan on Tuesday visited survivors of the Nyanya bomb blast at the National Hospital, Abuja, and thanked Nigerians who had donated blood to ensure their survival.

Jonathan, who was moved to tears, appealed to perpetrators of the blast to sheathe their swords as innocent victims, who were their brothers and sisters, always bore the brunt of the killings.

"This is sad news to all of us. Nigerian women and mothers condemn the act. I thank well-meaning Nigerians who donated blood to the survivors and those who came to their aid. I also want to thank all the hospital staff who rescued and worked hard to treat those alive,’’ she said.

She appealed to the perpetrators to embrace peace and love, saying that what the nation needed at the moment was development.

"Where there’s love, there will be no killing, lay down your arms and embrace peace. I appeal to aggrieved parties to sheathe their swords, we need development and how can we develop when we are killing one another?".

Quoting from Acts chapter nine of the Bible, she prayed that just as Paul became blind when he was going to Damascus to persecute Christians, God should take control of the perpetrators.

Also quoting from Psalm 51, the wife of the president called on the perpetrators to repent.

"God sees in darkness and He knows the heart of man. We call on God on behalf of Nigerians and He will come to our aid’’.

Mrs Jonathan prayed God to grant the families of the deceased the fortitude to bear the loss of their loved ones and wished the survivors quick recovery.

The Minister of Health, Prof. Onyebuchi Chukwu, who conducted the first lady round the ward, explained that some of the survivors had ``various degrees of burns.

Chukwu added that others had lacerations, some were traumatized, some were maimed while others had internal bleeding.

dame.jpg

Back