Politics Abuja - Kaduna Railway Controversy: Shehu Sani Reacts, Proves El-Rufai Wrong

M

mrsam

The Senator representing Kaduna Central, Shehu Sani, has reacted to the war of words between Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai and Senator Ben Murray Bruce.

The controversy started after Senator Bruce in reaction to the commissioning of the coaches for the Abuja-Kaduna train service said Jonathan should be commended for the train ride Buhari enjoyed in Kaduna, noting that the achievement was entirely the handiwork of the Jonathan’s administration.

El-Rufai, however, dismissed Bruce’s claims, stating that former President Olusegun Obasanjo designed and raised the financing and started the “EPC of the Lagos-Kano dual track-standard gauge rail system, and the Abuja Light Rail.”

But Senator Shehu Sani in his reaction said the Kaduna rail project was initiated by Goodluck Jonathan not Obasanjo as claimed by El-Rufai.

On his Twitter page, he wrote, “I was born in Kaduna, I live in Kaduna, I represent Kaduna. There was never any modern rail project in Kaduna or from Kaduna except the one started ‘to near completion’ under GEJ & now completed by the PMB Government.

“If there was any under any other Government perhaps it was invisible.”

IMG_20180107_102245_582.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_20180107_102301.jpg
    IMG_20180107_102301.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 36
Back