Politics Adeleke: We Campaigned Vigorously for Aregbesola and He Repaid Us With Wickedness

L

LequteMan

Ademola Adeleke, the brother of late Senator Isiaka Adeleke, has condemned Osun state's governor Rauf Aregbesola for maltreating his family after they worked their butts off to get him elected in 2004.

Ademola, in an interview published by the Punch, explained why he defected from the APC to the PDP following his brother's death.

"My brother, Senator Isiaka Adeleke, and I campaigned vigorously for Aregbesola during 2014 governorship election. My brother defected from the PDP to the APC and I defected to APC too, because we were always together. We campaigned so hard, we went everywhere and worked so hard for Aregbesola. Aregbesola was already losing before my brother joined him. My brother went to APC with all his people, all his political structures and worked so hard as if he was the one contesting the governorship election. I did the same and all his supporters worked for Aregbesola.

"I never knew they would lie one day that we were not part of them. I didn’t know that my brother would die. I didn’t know that I would contest an election but thank God, I kept the card and I showed it to them during the screening. But immediately after the election, Aregbesola would not pick my brother’s calls. He treated us so badly. But my brother still did not take any offence. When my brother died, I did not want his legacy to die with him and that is why I stepped into his shoes. I want to continue from where he stopped.

Explaining why he left the APC, he said:

"I left the APC because I lost confidence in the party. They had already doctored the delegates’ list and there is no way they would be fair in that exercise. The governor doesn’t want to hear the name Adeleke – I had to leave them. I was cleared by the screening committee and Senator Mudashiru Hussain was disqualified because he did not comply with the APC guidelines of resigning 30 days before election date. The appeal committee which was sent to Osun State by the APC also disqualified him and threw out his appeal for lacking merit. But those who sat in Abuja upturned it. They changed the whole thing and I had to leave.

He said the APC's NWC upturned Hussein's disqualification all because of Aregbesola.

"That is wickedness on the part of the governor. The people of Osun State are hungry and dying of hunger; salaries are not paid. Roads are bad; he can’t pay doctors; he can’t pay pensioners who receive peanuts. But he had N1bn to make the NWC change their mind and to qualify Hussain despite the fact that he violated the party’s guidelines. That was what happened – they were given money to clear someone who was disqualified twice. He was even crying.

Attachments

• ademola adeleke.jpg
    ademola adeleke.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 20
Back