Entertainment African China Reveals Why He Opened A Hairdressing Salon

P

ProfRem

Chinagorom Onuoha aka African China, the singer, famed for phenomenal tracks such as ‘Mr President’ ‘If You Love Somebody,’ and ‘Crisis’ has reacted to reports that he has turned to a hairdresser.

China, in an interview with PUNCH said: “By opening a hairdressing salon, what I have done is invest for a rainy day. If you check properly, you would realise that some of those who began their careers about the same time I started mine are now broke. Today, a lot of them cannot feed themselves and their defendants. Before fame beckoned, I used to work as a barber at a salon and I am not ashamed to say that. Now that I am African China, I know this business idea would generate income on a daily basis because people always want to look good. The salon business is not the only business I have. I also have a boutique in Surulere, Lagos. I have a sound equipment rental business and I have a record label that is as old as Kennis Music”.

africanChina.JPG

Popular Music Star, African China Turns Hairdresser

“Music still pays my bills and I still get shows. I just don’t want to be like others who are now struggling”, he said.

Back