Entertainment Alibaba - Obasanjo Asked For His Cut After Every Job I Did

A

abujagirl

Nigerian Comedian Alibaba gave a brief insight into his relationship with Former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

alibaba.jpg

Ali Baba narrated how the ex-President reacted when he heard that he earned N500, 000 after each performance. He said Obasanjo even used to jokingly demand for his own share of his loot.

''My first contact with #PresidentObasanjo was in 2000. He took to me because he found my jokes funny. He however never hid his anger at how much I got paid for events. The truth was that when Baba was told I charged half a million, it was actually a million. Can you imagine if he knew how much it really was? I for go jail.

''All through 2000 he never knew how much I was paid until the National Honours when he found out how much I got every time I came to the Villa. So from then on everyone told him I was performing for free. Well not until 2005.

''When he found out how much I got, he asked me to justify my fee. And I did. Baba became my number one agent. Every State that wanted him to visit, he would say, make sure you call Ali Baba ooo. And he will get his aides to tell me ahead.

''On arrival at such events, Baba will ask for his cut and threaten me if I did not give him his share. I never did.

Back