Politics "As Things Are, PDP Cannot Win Election in Edo State"- Oshiomhole

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, the governor of Edo state over the weekend, when querried in an interview with The Vanguard about the speculation that the presidential candidate of the APC for the 2015 election will come from the North, stated that his party, the All Progressive Congress (APC), would not zone the presidency in the 2015 general elections as the party has no provision for it.

"As far as I know, there is no provision for zoning in the APC constitution. And, therefore, it means that there is no zoning. It is not about what the people say or speculate. In the PDP, it is in their constitution. In the APC constitution, there is nothing like that. Number two, the organs where a decision is taken is during a convention where rules are made, amended or approved, or at the National Executive Council where major decisions are taken. To the best of my knowledge, at no meeting of the organs of the APC have we ever discussed zoning let alone adopting it," he said.

He also rubbished rumors that the PDP in Edo State have reunited its factions and would retrieve the state from APC come next election. "Perhaps they think they want to rule a conquered nation. They underestimate the capacity of the people to resist what they do not want. I know, as things are today, PDP cannot win election in Edo State," he said.

"If they are saying they will will use federal instruments to criminally rig elections, it remains to be seen whether they want to kill all of us or how they want to do it. For the remaining years of my life, I will stand on my fight to fight for truth and justice, as for free and fair elections, not only in Edo State but the nation at large."

"The federal agencies are not PDP agencies. The uniform of the armed forces are for Nigerians, not for a political party. The country is greater than any political party. I want to tell the old men who use such terms that even though they introduced rigging they should repent because if they die in sin hell will be their portion."

When asked on how the ongoing National Conference could help reduce the cost of governance in Nigeria, Oshiomhole said nations do not need National Conference in order to restructure expenditure.

According to him, the cost of governance is not in the rules, it is in the habit.

Attachments

• adams oshiomhole.jpg
    adams oshiomhole.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 13
Back