Politics Atiku: After Accusing me of Corruption, Nuhu Ribadu Came Back to Beg me

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's ex Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, in an interview with Zero Tolerance, a quarterly published by the EFCC said all accusations of corruption against him were false.

His bid to stop ex President Olusegun Obasanjo's third term agenda gave rise to the accusations, he said.

According to him, ex EFCC Chairman Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, accused him of corruption but later came to him to apologise.

“When he came to ask me for forgiveness, I said if you want me to forgive you, Nuhu, go to the same television stations where you said I was corrupt and say you now (have) realised that I am not corrupt.

“Then he said ‘sir, you have forgiven so many people who have offended you publicly without them going to TV stations to apologise to you’ and I said, ‘your case is different because first of all, I helped to found the EFCC’.

“I was instrumental to your appointment, so, I believe I have contributed to your development and this is how you are paying me back. In any case, he kept on apologising and I said, ‘okay, no problem. That closed the chapter’.”

Attachments

• Atiku-Abubakar-71.jpg
    Atiku-Abubakar-71.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 19
Back