Politics Awujale of Ijebu - I Threatened Obasanjo When EFCC Went After Adenuga

A

abujagirl

Awujale of Ijebu, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona has revealed how he helped Nigerian billionaire, Mike Adenuga who was caught in a fight between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and former VP Atiku Abubakar.

Awujale of Ijebu, Oba Sikiru Kayode Adetona.jpg

The Awujale also revealed that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC only went after Adenuga because of his relationship with Atiku. Speaking on how he approached Obasanjo on several occasion to ensure that Adenuga is allowed to freely conduct his business, Awujale said he had to threaten Obasanjo.

"The kernel of the matter really, as I told him, was his disagreement with Abubakar Atiku, his deputy, and they had taken the matter almost life-and –death level. Mike Adenuga was a pawn in the crisis, and he should be given the right to defend himself," Awujale wrote.

"I declared that what Nuhu Ribadu, Chairman of EFCC, was doing in respect of Mike Adenuga was wrong and he was doing it at Obasanjo’s behest. I told him that I refrained from interfering because I wanted to see how the law would pan out on the issue," he wrote.

"I reminded Obasanjo that he was no longer in office and he should back off in his pursuit of Mike. I went further to let him know that if Nuhu Ribadu did not desist from molesting Mike, I would go into the ring with them. Here I made clear that I would take him and Ribadu to unnecessarily and unjustifiably pursue Mike. Obasanjo promised to see Ribadu and to ask him to back off. He further promised to give me feedback on this."

Back