Politics Ban Cattle Grazing in Your States, Fayose Tells Governors

kemi

Social Member
Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has called on other governors across the country to ban cattle grazing in their states as a step to stop the incessant killings of farmers by atrocious herdsmen.

fayose.jpg

The Special Assistant to the Governor on Public Communication and New Media, Mr. Lere Olayinka, said this while speaking on Rave F.M, Osogbo during a programme, Frank Talk, monitored by PUNCH correspondent on Tuesday.

Fayose had on Monday banned cattle grazing in Ekiti State following the attack on Oke Ako community in Ikole Local Government Area of the state where two persons were killed and others injured by suspected herdsmen.

The governor’s aide said President Muhammadu Buhari, who was elected by Nigerians to protect their lives and property was doing nothing to protect the defenceless people from frequent attacks by the rampaging herdsmen, who were his kinsmen.

He said, “The people are angry because the person elected to secure their lives is keeping quiet and taking side with these Fulani criminals, I don’t want to call them herdsmen. Herdsmen to my mind do not carry Ak-47.

“These people are another version of Boko Haram that should be tackled headlong. We saw the Agatu killings and we don’t need to wait till they kill over 400 people before we act. That was why we took this step (banning cattle grazing) in Ekiti. I want to believe other governors will emulate this.”he said.

Source: Punch

Back