Politics Bayelsa Election: 10 Governorship Candidates Pledge Support For Sylva

P

ProfRem

Governorship candidates of the All Progressive Grand Alliance and nine other political parties in Bayelsa State have thrown their weight behind the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Chief Timipre Sylva for the December Gubernatorial election.

The candidates of the 10 parties led by APGA’s governorship candidate, Chief Christopher Enai, made this known on Thursday when Sylva’s campaign train stormed Ekeremor, the local government area of the Minister of State (Agriculture), Senator Heineken Lokpobiri.

Their withdrawal from the race was accepted by the state APC Chairman, Chief Tiwei Orunimighe.

sylva.jpe

Sylva and his entourage were received by a mammoth crowd of APC supporters who had thronged the open field at Ekeremor town as early as 6am.

The entire town was agog as party faithful and sympathisers were treated to musical renditions by popular Ijaw musician, Barrister Smooth, just as comedians sent the crowd reeling with laughter.

APC flags were hoisted in strategic areas of Ekeremor community.

Enai, who refused to give the names of the other parties’ candidates, said Sylva was the best for the governorship post.

He said, “My withdrawal is not that I am leaving APGA entirely. I want a situation where we can achieve a new Bayelsa and I believe that the APC can do it.

Source: PUNCH

Back