Politics BBC Shuns Buhari and NASS, Prepares to Air Aisha's 'Explosive' Interview on Saturday

L

LequteMan

The BBC is shunning the mounting pressure from the Presidency and the National Assembly to prevent it from airing the explosive interview granted it by first lady Aisha Buhari.

An officer at the Abuja Bureau of the BBC said there was a letter from the Presidency asking the Hausa service of the BBC not to air the interview, Daily Trust reports.

The House of Reps Speaker, Yakubu Dogara, also tried to informally stop the airing of the interview and a son of Buhari's powerful nephew, Mamman Daura, is also said to have called to get the BBC not to use the interview.

However, the BBC wouldn't back down and is set to to air part of the interview in the service's morning broadcast on Friday and in full on Saturday, the source said.

In the interview, Aisha Buhari is quoted to have said that those who worked for the president has been abandoned for those who don't even have voters card.

She also expressed fear of rebellion from the fifteen million people who voted her husband of 25 years. Mrs Buhari further revealed that certain individuals are creating tension and division within the ruling party, All Progressive Congress (APC)

Attachments

• aisha muhammadu buhari.jpg
    aisha muhammadu buhari.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 15
kudos, but it will probably end up being a disappointment. My cynical self things this is a rumour put out by people that wants us to watch the interview.

But if they feel they can call the BBC to pull an interview, what do you think they will feel they can do to Nigerian media houses!! Change indeed!!

I await the denial. Headline: Reports of attempts to influence BBC Interview of First Lady False - Presidency.

@curator I personally don't think the interview will be aired, or if it does, it will be highly edited with the "explosive" parts taken out.

Recently, the BBC reportedly said only Aisha can call off the airing of the interview, and I don't think it'll be that hard for the wolves to pressurize her to do so.

Back