Politics Ben Bruce Speaks: Here Are My Achievements In the Senate So Far

P

ProfRem

Common Sense Advocate and Senator representing Bayelsa East Senatorial District, Ben Murray Bruce through his official twitter handle yesterday listed some of the bills he has presented befoe the the upper chamber.

Murray-Bruce, who was reacting to a question raised by a Nigerian concerning what he has achieved at the Red Chamber since inauguration of the 8th National Assembly said: “what I achieved in the Senate. In my 1st 6 months I presented 5 Bills. Get your Senator to support them and Nigeria'll improve! “

Bruce went further to listed some of the bill including the:

Independent Prosecutor Bill calls for election and direct funding of an anti corruption czar that the President and Senate cant control;

Ward Security Bill will protect Nigerians from herdsmen attacks and similar insecurities by creating a form of Community Police and

Alternate Energy Bill calls for govt rebates to help Nigerian communities get community wide solar panels for power generation.
bruceBill.JPG

bruceBill1.JPG

Meanwhile, when Nigerian Bulletin visited the official website of the National Assembly, none of the above mentioned bill was on the list of the Bill currently at the senate. It is either the official website is not up to date or otherwise.

But on Senate order Paper No 156 and 157 was a Presentation OF BILLS; Deep Offshore and Inland Basin Production Sharing Contract Act (Amendment) Bill, 2016 (SB. 252) with first Reading, Sen. Ben Murray-Bruce (Bayelsa East).

bruceBill2.JPG

Attachments

• brux.JPG
    brux.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 32
Back