Politics Beware of Obasanjo's Advice: Na'Abba Urges Buhari

P

ProfRem

Former speaker of the House of Reprsentatives, Ghali Na'Abba in this interview with Vanguard speaks on some national issues, his roles with former President Olusegun Obasanjo among others.

OBJBUH.JPG

He said: “I obviously would not want to come between Buhari and Obasanjo. They knew each other in the military. Buhari was variously a Minister and military secretary under him as well as a military governor. So Buhari knows him better than I do. So he knows how to handle him. However, in 1984, when Buhari became Head of State, he said his administration was an offshoot of the Obasanjo administration.

I was, therefore, baffled when, in 1999, Obasanjo, having become the President, became determined to embarrass Buhari over his headship of the Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF). He instituted probe after probe to find faults with Buhari. Unfortunately for him he did not find anything. Indeed, he personally harassed and interrogated Buhari. I was in the government, so I know all these. He went on to disband the PTF in spite of the important infrastructural projects being undertaken by the body, against the advice of some of us.”

Read more from the Interview

Back