Metro Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Explains Why He Called Nigeria A Zoo & Threaten War

P

ProfRem

Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra and founder of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu explained why he called Nigeria a zoo and threatened war in an interview he granted an online medium, Sahara Reporters.

He, however, said in one of the statements he made to the Department of State Services after he was arrested at a Lagos hotel on October 14, 2015 that he made the said comments in order to facilitate societal change.

Kanu and two others have been charged with treason and other related offences on account of his agitation for the secession of the South-East and other areas of the country to form a sovereign state of Biafra.

He confirmed in the statement, dated October 24, 2015, that he made the comments, calling Nigeria a zoo to justify his belief that the only language its people understood was violence in the interview with Sahara Reporters.

“As I have earlier stated in past interrogation, the statements I make are purely designed to elicit reaction that will facilitate the desired change which is needed.

kanu nna.jpe

“In the interview, I made reference and said, ‘the zoo has come to an end, they keep killing our people…’.

“In the interview, I also said ‘the language the people hear in the zoo is violence. If they fail to give us Biafra, Somalia will be a child’s play’, yes, I stated that in the interview.

“Again, I was asked (and I said), ‘If they do not give us Biafra, there would be no one living in the zoo,’ yes, I said so. id he also accused Okorocha of Islamising Imo State in the said interview.

Kanu stated, “A Sahara Reporters’ interview was played by officers of the DSS on October 24, 2015,

Read more on PUNCH

Back