Politics Bola Tinubu Is My Creation, I Made Him Powerful - Chief Adebanjo

A

abujagirl

Yoruba leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, in an interview with SUN Newspaper bragged about how he made Bola Tinubu, a political force to be reckoned with.

AYO ADEBANJO.jpg

See brief excerpt from interview:

In a recent interview, former chairman of the APC, Ajomale said you were one of those that imposed former Lagos State deputy governor, Buknor-Akerele on Tinubu during Asiwaju’s administration. Is it true?

Where was Ajomale when we were running the party? Nobody imposed anybody. Akerele was with us then in the NADECO. Tinubu was abroad. We were the people facing the fire at home. When they said I imposed Akerele, they should say I imposed Tinubu too. I do not know Ajomale all this time. Ajomale is a creation of Tinubu.

And Tinubu is my own creation by the grace of God. I signed his papers. We conducted the primaries under which he became the governor. If I was partisan, Tinubu would not have been governor. But he won a primary election which we set up which was disputed by the chairman of Lagos AD. When Tinubu won the primaries, he wanted another person and we said no. It was not a question of imposing, but rewarding people who worked for the party. By the time we elected Tinubu, where was Ajomale in those days? What position was he holding in any branch of the Alliance For Democracy (AD)? So, because he has become a stooge of Tinubu now, he can be talking nonsense. They should beware when they cast aspersion on their seniors. Tinubu would not even say what he said.

Back