Metro British judge admits confusion in Ibori’s case- Daily Independent

A

abujagirl

As the former Delta State governor, James Ibori’s London confiscation case resumes on Wednesday, the court will attempt to break the logjam that bogged it down all through last week; whether to try Ibori afresh or not.

What really bogged down the proceedings was that Judge Anthony Pitts repeatedly said in the course of the submission of Ibori’s defence team at Southwark Crown Court, London, that he was confused. He said he was becoming even much more confused ‘now’ as the case being argued by Ibori’s lead counsel, Ivan Krolic, continued to unfold.

Judge Pitts, expressing his frustration, addressed Ibori’s lead counsel: “there was confusion though not in your mind, but there is a deep confusion in my own mind”. Responding to the Judge’s confessing, Krolic said: “if the court is confused, has the court listened to the arguments at all? “We have proved our position to the court from the outset. Mr Ibori has made his case clear. We also have made our case clear as the counsels. If you had allowed me to finish my submission, you would not have been confused”.

Click source for more details: Daily Independent

ibori in jail.jpg

Back