Sports Carlo Ancelotti is better than Jose Mourinho- Sergio Ramos

Real Madrid defender, Sergio Ramos, has described the Galacticos manager, Carlo Ancelotti as a great coach, who manages his players better than Jose Mourinho, Fabio Capello and Vicente del Bosque.

The 2010 Fifa world cup winner in South Africa has enjoyed working under some world class coaches in recent times at the Santiago Bernabeu winning last season's champions league title; the tenth for his side as well as la liga titles.

The 28 year old defender has also won the European Championships with back-to-back with Spain, but were humiliated at the last summer FIFA world cup in Brazil, crashing out of the competition in the first round.

But Ramos says Ancelotti rates up there as one of the very best, insisting his man-management skills set him apart from many of his contemporaries.

"He notices how a player settles in, whether he makes an effort to open up to his team-mates or not," Ramos told Fifa.com.

"He’s a coach who takes you aside, talks to you and makes everything as smooth as possible, both on a professional and personal level.

"That’s the key to success, which is why he’s a truly great coach. In my view, he’s one of the two best I’ve had in my whole career.

"It's hard to choose the other. There’s former Spain coach Luis Aragones, then you have former Sevilla coach Joaquin Caparros, who really believed in me when I was a nobody."

Ramos, who played at Sevilla in the 2004/05 season before moving to Real Madrid went on to challenge Spain's "extraordinary" achievements after their woeful performance in the global football in recent times, saying no one expects Spain to have a complete domination of international football to last forever.

"We were able to enjoy a unique period and an extraordinary generation of footballers.

“We were crowned world champions and were twice European champions. Let's see if anyone else can match that.

“But football's a game and sooner or later the day that we would lose, that we'd get knocked out [of a major tournament], had to come."

Attachments

• Ancelotti.JPG
    Ancelotti.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited by a moderator:
Back