Politics Catholic Clerics Endorse Ngige- Osun Defender

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

The Pastoral Council of Nnobi Episcopal Region, Umuoji, Idemili Local Government Area yesterday prayed for the victory of the All Progressive Congress, APC governorship candidate, Sen. Chris Ngige in the November 16, 2013 governorship election.

The Pastoral Council which rose from its meeting at Holy Family Catholic Church, Umuoji prayed that God intervene, and enable him to emerge triumphant in the elections. They urged him to be steadfast reminding the governorship candidate that a similar prayer was said for him during his senatorial election in which he emerged successful.

In his remarks, the Episcopal Vicar of the Region, Rev. Fr. John Anosike described Sen. Ngige as a known lover of Anambra State, whose public service records are indelible in the minds of the people.

SOURCE: Osun Defender

Read more at http://www.osundefender.org/?p=129625

images

Because this is strictly government business. Political issues. Civilians keep off. Clerics alike.
You're seriously not making any sense. Since when did endorsing political aspirants become govt. business?. Civilians should keep off politics for the military? . Are you sure you know the meaning of the word 'civilian'? . Do you need @zacman to show up and educate you?

You're seriously not making any sense. Since when did endorsing political aspirants become govt. business?. Civilians should keep off politics for the military? . Are you sure you know the meaning of the word 'civilian'? . Do you need @zacman to show up and educate you?

The clerics are free to support who they want as individuals, they should not bring the church into state matters. I do not care who they vote for or who they drink with. The problem with the country is partly dues to all of this. We should separate the religion, judiciary and the state.

Are they endorsing a particular policy - No, they are making a blanket statement. This is not right.

The clerics are free to support who they want as individuals, they should not bring the church into state matters. I do not care who they vote for or who they drink with. The problem with the country is partly dues to all of this. We should separate the religion, judiciary and the state.

Are they endorsing a particular policy - No, they are making a blanket statement. This is not right.
You don't care but their followers care, besides if good men don't voice their opinions; evil is left to thrive (I never said the clerics are good men). Politics transcends, it touches every part of our nation. If political decisions are left to a particular class of people, it fosters abuse.

You don't care but their followers care, besides if good men don't voice their opinions; evil is left to thrive (I never said the clerics are good men). Politics transcends, it touches every part of our nation. If political decisions are left to a particular class of people, it fosters abuse.

Like I said, if they came out with strong reasons of policies then that is not an issue. A blanket endorsement of a politician is not wise. Yes they should lobby for values they hold dear but they should say what those values are and focus on making sure that the politicians abide by them.

This crap is why you have politicians doing thanks giving after winning elections that they have rigged, killed for and cheated on.

Like I said, if they came out with strong reasons of policies then that is not an issue. A blanket endorsement of a politician is not wise. Yes they should lobby for values they hold dear but they should say what those values are and focus on making sure that the politicians abide by them.

This crap is why you have politicians doing thanks giving after winning elections that they have rigged, killed for and cheated on.
They've probably gone through his manifesto, maybe they liked what they saw. Maybe they believe in this man considering he was once governor of the state...maybe they know what he's capable of. All maybe's

They've probably gone through his manifesto, maybe they liked what they saw. Maybe they believe in this man considering he was once governor of the state...maybe they know what he's capable of. All maybe's

Might be a good idea if the manifesto is shared with the rest of us. They are not the only ones voting :)

Might be a good idea if the manifesto is shared with the rest of us. They are not the only ones voting :)
Sorry bro...i think you'll have to peruse the political news section of Nigerian bulletin to find that. Its been there for over 2 weeks now....i hate digging, when a treasure's not at stake

Oh @curator already said everything
@Jules there are different atomic theories. If my choice as let's say, the H0D of a Chemistry dept. is Dalton's, I only present it to fellow scientists, stating the reasons for my choice and leave them to their opinions. I don't have a right to endorse Dalton's as the right one because I'm in a position of power and authority.

This is the reason why the country is in sh*t. People in power put 'emselves above everybody else and damn well do whatever pleases 'em...and with the law only catching those at the bottom of the ladder, the situation is bound to worsen.
If justice prevails and treats everybody as equals *or if the range btw equality is insignificant* then things are bound to get better.
Don't take this the wrong way Jue dear :D

Oh @curator already said everything
@Jules there are different atomic theories. If my choice as let's say, the H0D of a Chemistry dept. is Dalton's, I only present it to fellow scientists, stating the reasons for my choice and leave them to their opinions. I don't have a right to endorse Dalton's as the right one because I'm in a position of power and authority.

This is the reason why the country is in sh*t. People in power put 'emselves above everybody else and damn well do whatever pleases 'em...and with the law only catching those at the bottom of the ladder, the situation is bound to worsen.
If justice prevails and treats everybody as equals *or if the range btw equality is insignificant* then things are bound to get better.
Don't take this the wrong way Jue dear :D
Again he dances around and says nothing significant.....

^^In your own completely biased opinion.

I'm sensing a lot of negative energy from u lately @Jules care to explain why?

Back