Politics Catholic Priest To Okorocha - You Gave Us N50m Dud Cheque

A

abujagirl

Revered Catholic Priest and Spiritual Director, Adoration Ministry Enugu Nigeria (AMEN), Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka has accused Imo state Governor, Rochas Okorocha of giving Owerri Catholic Archdiocese a dud cheque of N50m even after voting massively for him in the 2011 governorship election; THIS DAY.

Father Mbaka made the accusation at the Christ the King adoration ground, Enugu, during a session which also had former Imo governor , Ikedi Ohakim and his supporters in attendance.

He described Okorocha's rescue mission as a disappointment to God and humanity, having betrayed the confidence and trust reposed in him by the Imo State electorate.

The Reverend father also spoke on rumors that circulated in 2011 that Ohakim beat up a Catholic Priest. He recalled that the catholic community controls about 60 per cent of the voting population in the state which reasonably favoured Okorocha who contested on the platform of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) to clinch the governorship seat following the widely propagated allegation that the immediate past governor, Ikedi Ohakim, who was also seeking a re-election assaulted one of their priests in the build up to the 2011 elections.

He said they only recently found out that Ohakim didn't beat up any priest.

"It is regrettable that at last, the truth has manifested though not at the right time. Ohakim didn't beat any priest. It was an orchestrated falsehood and blackmail which unfortunately were aimed at scuttling his re-election bid. When we wanted to reach the governor so as to get his own version, those who worked with him made it impossible. We waited patiently for him but he never showed up. It was then we composed our music ‘Onye ahu kuru father Ihe, ogaghi achi anyi ozo’ meaning the person who beat our priest will not rule us again’, which made Catholics in the state to deny him their votes.

"However, it is good to tell the truth even if it is coming late. Let the truth be told today though not necessarily to prepare him for another governorship project but for the whole world to know that he never did anything like that. Even if Ohakim dies tomorrow, the world will now know that he didn't beat any priest. I am saying this because after listening to Ohakim's version and that of the priest involved in the controversy and discovered that the allegation was false, it then behooved on me as a servant of God to make my findings public and declare the former governor innocent", Father Mbaka said.

"After the blackmail and falsehood that Ohakim assaulted a Catholic priest, the man who benefitted from the whole thing is now dealing with the people as well as destroying the state. Even our Archbishop in Owerri is now crying.

"Could you imagine that our cathedral in Owerri is almost collapsing and what this man (Rochas) could do was to give the church a N50 million bounced cheque? As I am speaking now, Rochas is dealing with the people. In fact, that man is not a blessing to Ndi Imo and I wonder the kingdom where he came from," Father Mbaka added.

#Owerri #Mbaka #Catholic #Okorocha #Imo #Ohakim

FR Mbaka.jpg

Back