Politics CCT Trial: I Thank Almighty Allah for my Victory - Saraki

L

LequteMan

Nigeria's Senate President Bukola Saraki has issued a statement over his recent discharge and acquittal of false asset declaration by the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT.

“The conclusion of this trial has vindicated my position. With the outcome of this case, our faith is renewed in our courts and our hope is restored that the judiciary in our country could indeed provide sanctuary for all those who seek justice," the former Kwara state governor said in a statement issued by his Special Assistant, Bamikole Omishore.

“I thank the Almighty Allah, the ultimate Judge and the repository of all powers. He alone has brought about this victory. I am immensely grateful to all my colleagues in the National Assembly for their abiding support.

“All through my trial, they demonstrated their strong conviction about the choice we all decided to make two years ago. I thank members of my family for their unflinching support.

“I thank all friends and supporters back home in Kwara State and across the length and breadth of our country for their prayers and their sacrifices. My gratitude also goes to all members of my legal team for their tireless efforts to ensure the cause of justice is served.

He also expressed gratitude to his colleagues at the Red Chamber and added that he would celebrate the victory.

Attachments

• saraki court2.jpg
    saraki court2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3
Back