Metro Chibok Community Raises Allegations Against Army Commander, Calls For His Redeployment

kemi

Social Member
Chibok community in Borno State has accused the Army Commanding Officer, CO, posted to the area of manhandling residents.

army chibok 2.jpg

According to residents of the community, the CO was rigid and never welcomed any suggestion from residents.

Chibok community came into limelight few years back after some Boko Haram members invaded a school located in the community and whisked away over 200 girls.

In a statement issued on behalf of the community by their spokesman, Manasseh Allen, the Chibok community said the new CO was “unfriendly, unprofessional and brutish.”

Allen claimed that, “Having spent about two years in Chibok, the CO was sent on a course and the people felt great relief from his unfriendly, unprofessional and brutish style of interacting with locals in Chibok.

“Accused of divisive tendencies along religious lines, he once threatened to shoot us when IG Wala, Olatunji Lanre-Baruwa, Bukky Shonibare and I were on a humanitarian outing to Chibok.

“He kept us standing for hours. I begged him for 30 minutes to allow me see my sick dad and for the team to give relief materials to parents of the abducted school girls in Chibok.

“While on course, the people thought the end of the operational style of such an officer had gone. The community, through its Chairman made several reports to the District Head on the matter in writing, aside several reports to the Chief of Army Staff.

“Shockingly, the same Commanding Officer has now been re-posted to Chibok and moved to mount Kautikari, one of the largest villages in Chibok, near the Boko Haram terrorists crossing point.

“We plead for immediate return of the former Commanding Officer to Chibok, who worked day and night to secure Chibok and its environs with serious coordination between his team and youth vigilantes.”

Back