Politics Chief Judge Of Abuja Withdraws Case Files Of Former Governors Undergoing Corruption Trial!- Sahara

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

upload_2013-10-21_20-11-37.png

The newly-appointed Chief Judge of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Justice Ibrahim Bukar, today in Abuja withdrew the case files of former Nigerian governors undergoing trial for corruption.

Justice Bukar requested all judges in the FCT to return the case files of several of the governors, some of whom are reportedly being considered for ministerial appointments by President Goodluck Jonathan.

It is unclear why the files were withdrawn as some of the cases were filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) since 2007.

For a grand, controversial and largely "interesting" move like this one? You can bet he has the whole constitution (and a book more) on his side.

Either that, or this is a strategic move to get people talking about how "controversial" he really is.
I'm not saying that's the only reason (he'd be seriously dumb and shallow and lack ambition for that solely).
But we have to consider the possible outcomes of his actions. the Why, as it were.

This is the doing of an 'oga at the top'.
He has no justifiable reason or excuse for his action. I'm guessing the affected parties met with the 'ogas at the top', struck a bargain and made a deal.

Still, its perplexing.

Very
This is the doing of an 'oga at the top'.
He has no justifiable reason or excuse for his action. I'm guessing the affected parties met with the 'ogas at the top', struck a bargain and made a deal.

Still, its perplexing.

Yes, very perplexing that a man would risk a fragile reputation for what? Affirmation and connections that may not last long?

Whatever happened to "impartial" judges? I refuse to believe that the term was a practical joke law makers around the world put in constitutions and what have you for a laugh

Back