Sports Cletus Itodo Insists He's Not Leaving Shooting Stars This Season

Shooting Stars Sports Club attacking midfielder, Cletus Itodo, has denied rumours linking him to another Nigeria Professional Premier league, Nasarawa United, saying there is not iota of truth in the information.

The former Sunshine Stars of Akure player also added that he is committed to the course of the Oluyole Warriors in the coming 2015/16 Nigerian top flight season.

"I have heard the reported movement to Nasarawa United but I can tell you that there is no truth in the report as I’m still with 3SC and will campaign in their colours for the coming league season."

"I’m not going anywhere as I have given my words to 3SC to help to further their course and target in the coming season."

When asked what his target will be for the incoming season, Itodo said: "I consider it too early to set goal(s) right now rather I will want the league to start first then we can start to cross the bridge."

He said that his side will put up a better performance than that of last season where they finished 9th on the NPFL log, 17 points behind champions, Enyimba, and will not be campaigning on the continent in 2016.

"However, I expect a far better league season than previously, we will do our very best not to disappoint our teeming fans and supporters,” said the former Abia Warriors goal poacher to supersport.com.
Cletus Itodo-05.jpg

Back