Sports Dalung Has Apologised To Me – Siasia

kemi

Social Member
Coach of the bronze winning U-23 national football team at the Rio Olympics, Samson Siasia has said he no longer habours any ill-feelings for the Sports Minister, Solomon Dalung for labelling him a ‘Human trafficker’ because “he has apologised to me”.

SIA DALUNG.jpg

Widely travelled BBC World Football reporter, Osasu Obayiuwana revealed that Siasia spoke extensively with him during an interview Wednesday night for the BBC on so many issues including the attack on him (Siasia).

Obayiuwana disclosed that the Bayelsa-born gaffer said during the interview that he was disappointed by the ill-treatment of the U-23 team before and after wining the face-saving bronze medal for the country at the Games as well as the aspersion cast on the Japanese billionaire,

Katsuya Takasu who came to the rescue of the team when Nigerian billionaires who heard about their predicament turned deaf ears.

Siasia’s feelings: “I was very surprised that he (Dalung) accused me of being a human trafficker. He has apologised to me for making that statement. The minister has made some mistakes and needs to be guided. But I have decided to let what he said go…”

On being owed five months wages, by the Nigeria Football Federation: “If I had known that I will be in this situation, I would never have taken up this job. I have been relying on friends, in order to survive. There is no excuse for my being owed five months wages… My son asks me, “Dad, how can you be working and they don’t pay you?”

Back