Sports Daniel Amokachi Unveiled As FC IfeanyiUbah Manager

Amokachi.jpg

Former Super Eagles coach, Daniel Amokachi, has said he was honoured to manage FC Ifeanyiubah but also stated that the task ahead of him is enormous.

Amokachi was unveiled by club proprietor, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, at the Rojenny Stadium, Oba, alongside former Super Eagles goalkeeper coach, Ike Shorunmu and former coach of the club, John Obuh, who becomes Technical Director.

“I’m honoured to join FC Ifeanyiubah as Technical Adviser. I’ve resumed but will take over technical duties from Obuh after the match against Enugu Rangers.

“Obuh will remain in charge for now as the club has three matches this week.

“I had other offers, but accepted to manage FC Ifeanyiubah because the club proprietor is also a friend. It’s good to be back in the league,” he said to supersport.com.

Amokachi revealed that his immediate task is to improve the club’s fortunes.

Meanwhile, Amokachi's new club will complete their week 22 fixture on Monday following a heavy downpour that disrupted proceedings on match day 22 tie against Sunshine Stars and a Federation Cup quarterfinal match against Nasarawa United is next on Wednesday, in Ilorin.

Obuh’s last assignment as head coach will be the match day 23 league match against Enugu Rangers, next Sunday.

Amokachi made an instant hit at Ranchers Bees, where he won the 1989 West African Football Union (Wafu) Cup, before leaving the country to play abroad.

After an outstanding career in Belgium, England and Turkey, he eventually made a return to the domestic league as player/assistant coach at Nasarawa United and also worked at Enyimba. Supersport

Back