Politics Defection:'Visiting the President Doesn't Mean I'm Defecting' - Femi Fani Kayode

• Thread starter Thread starter LequteMan
  • Start date Start date
L

LequteMan

The former Aviation Minister, Femi Fani-Kayode on Tuesdy met with President Goodluck Jonathan at the Presidential Villa.

After the meeting, Fani-Kayode declined to disclose his mission to newsmen after the meeting, insisting that as a Nigerian, he had the right to come and meet with the President when the doors are opened.

“This is a Presidential Villa, the President is a president of Nigeria and every Nigerian is entitled to come here from time to time when the doors are open and pay their respect to the wonderful people here. As a Nigerian, I have done that today and I’m delighted to be here.”

“As a Nigerian, I believed that we may disagree on issues from time to time, but the most important thing is for us to be able to resolve these issues, come together and move the country forward.”

Speaking on recent reports about him dumping the All Progressives Congress, APC, Fani-Kayode said the step he would take would be made known at the right time.

“I think all of us have gone past the stage of religious politics in this country. We must treat the Muslim community with utmost respect and we must treat the Christian community in the same way,” he said.

Back