Politics Don’t Compare Jonathan With Mandela, Obama - Fashola - PM News

curator

Administrator
Governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State has said the advert currently running on major television channels comparing President Goodluck Jonathan with great leaders such as Nelson Mandela, Barack Obama and others as well as showcasing his achievement in the area of security and infrastructure is blasphemous.

Fashola commented on the issue on Tuesday at the public presentation of a book titled “Giants of History” (The Making of Our World), written by the Lagos State Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Aderemi Ibirogba at the Civic Centre, Lagos, southwest Nigeria.

According to Fashola, the video advert, comparing some select world leaders like President Barack Obama, the late President Nelson Mandela and former Singaporean President, Lee Kuan Yew with Jonathan, is to say the least blasphemous.

Click here to read more

Source: PM News

fashola.jpg

BRF is just saying his mind- which most Nigerians, nay, most life forms would agree with. Greed and gluttony is everywhere.

@Jules, there is nothing perverted in what I said LOL. What I mean is, running a campaign to low your own trumpet is just distasteful, and if the president's doing that - as Fashola said - well, then...

Even though (I am sure) most governments have to set a good PR climate for themselves, tact is the key. And comparing Jonathan with Mandela? With Obama? Laughable, really, considering Mandela's antecedents and Obama's work-in-progress.

@Jules, there is nothing perverted in what I said LOL. What I mean is, running a campaign to low your own trumpet is just distasteful, and if the president's doing that - as Fashola said - well, then...

Even though (I am sure) most governments have to set a good PR climate for themselves, tact is the key. And comparing Jonathan with Mandela? With Obama? Laughable, really, considering Mandela's antecedents and Obama's work-in-progress.

She meant "p fffff t"

Back