Politics Edo Election Victory: Gov Bello Tasks Obaseki to Build on Oshiomhole's Legacy

L

LequteMan

Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has congratulated his party, the APC, for emerging winners of the governorship election in Edo state.

In a statement released on Thursday evening, he said the victory is further confirmation of Nigerians’ belief in the change agenda of the party under the leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari.

“I salute the gallantry of the Edo people who conducted themselves peacefully throughout the election. They spoke with a united voice in support of the change agenda of the President Muhammadu Buhari administration," he said.

“My message to the Edo people is to believe in Obaseki. My message to Obaseki, the Governor-Elect, is to build on the solid legacies of the Comrade Governor, Adams Oshiomhole. You have spoken today. In the next four years, Edo State will be better.

“Obaseki is an excellent technocrat, an administrator per excellence, a pragmatic leader. It is time to bring all these qualities to bear on the development of Edo State. As neighbours, Kogi and Edo states will continue to collaborate for development.”

Attachments

• yahaya bello2.jpg
    yahaya bello2.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 20
Back