Politics Ekiti Elections: Fayose Vs Fayemi - Who Is Your Money On?

curator

Administrator
ekiti-elections.jpg

A brief on the candidates for the gubernatorial election in Ekiti State

#Fayemi
-
According to the All Progressives Congress, #APC , Fayemi is the only man going to the Ekiti polls with a paid cheque and not a promissory one. Fayemi has been governor of Ekiti state since October
2010. Although he hasn’t truly been tested at the polls as he came in through the courts when the
appeal court siting in #Kwara removed Olusegun Oni and declared him(Fayemi) the winner of the
previously contested election. Fayemi has the power of incumbency to ride on as one of his tools
for winning the Ekiti elections. So far, Fayemi who has an 8-point agenda has been endorsed by the
Nigerian Labour Congress (NLC), Trade Union Congress (TUC) and an aggrieved faction of the Peoples’
Democratic Party, PDP. Fayemi may just win the Ekiti polls as even traditional rulers in the land are
staunchly behind him.

#Fayose - Fayose was governor of Ekiti between 29 May 2003 – 16 October 2006 when he fell out of favour with his party, the Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP and the other powers that be in Ekiti state. For
years, Fayose became a political fugitive until the Ekiti elections drew close and his party decided
he was the best man for the job if they were to reclaim the state. No gubernatorial candidate understands the streets better than Fayose. Many believe that the short years he served as governor were fruitful years as he made great impact within a short period of time. He is currently Abuja’s favourite candidate for the job of Ekiti Governor come June 21st change and spiritual blessings from T.B Joshua, Fayose may win the Ekiti election . Armed with his manifesto of change and spiritual blessings from T.B Joshua, Fayose may win the Ekiti election.

Who Is Your Money On? Click here to use our Virtual Betting Tool (For entertainment only) to place a wager on the outcome.

Here's what I found: According to candidates.nigerieelections.org, MICHAEL OPEYEMI BAMIDELE is the ACN House of Rep. Member Candidate contesting in Ijero/Ekiti West/Efon Federal Constituency, Ekiti State Nigeria he hails from Ekiti State. He is 50 years old.

He was born on January 1, 1964. Here's what Chief Reuben Famuyibo, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Ekiti State, has to say about him: "On Fayemi himself, unfortunately, he is not a person that listens to advice. Fayemi is the only person that has ruled Ekiti that nobody can tell you that he has access to him, especially the elite. He’s on his own; it is “me and my wife ruling in Ekiti.’’ I can tell you categorically that, the way things are, there is no way Fayemi can win the election. So, the alternative we now have is MOB (Michael Opeyemi Bamidele) of the LP. I don’t know him personally, I’m not a member of the LP, but the people are saying that they want an untested hand." (culled from the Tribune newspaper)

For the records, T.B. Joshua has debunked the notion that Fayose received 'blessings' from him - he released this statement on Facebook:

T.B. JOSHUA ADDRESSES FAYOSE RUMOUR - 'DON'T BRING MY NAME INTO POLITICS'
We have been informed of various online reports stating that PDP gubernatorial candidate Ayo Fayose has received blessings from T.B. Joshua in the upcoming Ekiti governorship elections.

Here is T.B. Joshua's response:
"Please, don't bring my name into politics. I don't know you and you don't know me. Why should you say you have received my blessings to win the election? Please, don't play God."

For the records, T.B. Joshua has debunked the notion that Fayose received 'blessings' from him - he released this statement on Facebook:

T.B. JOSHUA ADDRESSES FAYOSE RUMOUR - 'DON'T BRING MY NAME INTO POLITICS'
We have been informed of various online reports stating that PDP gubernatorial candidate Ayo Fayose has received blessings from T.B. Joshua in the upcoming Ekiti governorship elections.

Here is T.B. Joshua's response:
"Please, don't bring my name into politics. I don't know you and you don't know me. Why should you say you have received my blessings to win the election? Please, don't play God."

@Chukwu Njoku - Thanks for the update!

Back