Politics Ekiti Killings Update: It Was A Brutal Attempt On My Life – Gov. Fayemi Finally Speaks Out!

A

abujagirl

The Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, has described Sunday’s police attack on a political rally in Ado Ekiti, as a ploy to assassinate him. While speaking to journalists in Ado Ekiti on Monday, the governor said men of the mobile police unit, allegedly led by their commander, Gabriel Selekere, deliberately carried out the attack in order to kill him.

Mr. Fayemi, alongside other party members, was allegedly shot at with tear gas canisters and live ammunition during the rally around the Ijigbo roundabout in Ado Ekiti. A supporter of the governor, Taiwo Akinola, died of a bullet wound sustained during the fracas.

“I am still trying to understand what happened. My immediate interpretation is that there was an assault on the government and people of Ekiti State. If one was to be extreme in one’s interpretation, one could even go as far as saying it was an assassination attempt against the governor of the State,” said Mr. Fayemi.

Click here to read more

Source: #OsunDefender

#fayemi #ekiti #GabrielSelekere

fayemi.jpg

Back