Sports Emmanuel Emenike: Team work, key to Nigeria's success in Brazil

Emenike 2.gif
Fenerbache striker Emmanuel Emenike has said that teamwork remains the only strategy that can give the Super Eagles chances to overrun their opponents at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Emenike said he respects their Argentine opponents, but added that they should not believe they can beat the African champions because of the quality of players they have.

"As a professional, you should always respect your opponents irrespective of their qualities," the Fenerbahce forward said.

"They think they can beat us because they have individual players. But football is beyond that stage now."

Emenike insisted that the focus of the team at the moment is on how to beat Iran at the Estádio Joaquim Americo Guimaraes in Curitiba in June 16 thereafter games against Argentina and Bosnia-Herzegovina.

"Our first match against Iran is very crucial. Right now, I am thinking about Iran, not Bosnia or Argentina."

The 27-year-old believes this year's World Cup is going to be very challenging, as every participating team has a point to prove. He however stated that with teamwork, he is confident Nigeria will do well at the tournament.

"This World Cup is going to be interesting and full of surprises because there are so many wounded lions in Brazil. We want to fight hard on the pitch and win.

"I know the battle ahead of me and the team, but I am banking on team effort, that’s the only way to succeed," he was quoted as saying on KickOffNigeria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back