Business Enugu Airport receives first international flights

jeff juwana

With just four days to the official start of international flights to Enugu, billionaire businessman, Chief Arthur Eze on Tuesday flew into Akanu Ibiam international airport, Ebugu from Senegal.

The aircraft is the first aircraft to land at the modernized airport, which was upgraded to international standard after President Goodluck Jonathan gave the approval two years ago. The aircraft marked 5MPZE landed at approximately 3:20pm directly from Senegal.

Although work on the project is still ongoing at the various sections of the airport, the Federal Ministry of Aviation has slated the official commencement of international flights from Enugu for Saturday with the Ethiopian airline billed to fly in and out of the coal city.

According to Prince Eze, the administration of President Jonathan has kept to their words in upgrading the airport, which will bring development to the economy of the south-east region.

“Look at me, I flew from Senegal to Enugu for four hours non-stop. I don’t need to go to Lagos or Abuja to catch direct flight again to Europe or Senegal. I can now go from my house to any place of choice. It is a good thing and I thank God for the development. The people of the South East will live to enjoy this because it will grow our economy,” he said.

“I am the first beneficiary of this beautiful airport, I am grateful to Jonathan. Jonathan has saved the life of Igbo people by reducing their suffering. Right now Igbo people who are noted for traveling overseas for businesses can do so from their zone. Jonathan has demonstrated that he is a wonderful human being and God will continue to bless him”, Eze said.

He commended the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah for seeing to the realization of the airport.

Back