Politics Fani-Kayode’s Wife, Precious Talks Tough Over EFCC's Harassment

P

ProfRem

The wife of a former Minister of Aviation, Mrs. Precious Fani-Kayode has described the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission's harassment as a shock and vendettas.

Mrs. Fani-Kayode was yesterday held hostage in a Access bank in Ado Ekiti.
She was said to be a guest of Governor Ayodele Fayose and had gone to Ado Ekiti branch of Access Bank around 3 pm for transactions when she was detained by officials of the bank.

A source said she had inquired from the bank officials why she was not being promptly attended to and was told she was being detained on the instruction of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

ffkwife1.jpg

She said, “I’m not a politician and that account had been dormant for about five years. I only activated it last month in Port Harcourt. I decided to go to Access Bank to make some withdrawals when I was detained on the instruction of the EFCC.

“They told me my account had been frozen and they were asked by the EFCC to arrest me on the spot.
I have been operating the account since 2005 when I was a student in the university. They had earlier frozen my two bank accounts which they have not opened till today and I have been waiting for them to invite me but up till today they have not.

“The balance in the account is just N200,000, so I don’t know what their interest is. I’m a private person. I have not received any political fund, so why are they trying to starve my family? I had to call the governor to inform him of the development.”

"This government and EFCC are shameless to bring in women and children to the ring of their vendettas and fights. I'm not a politician or a contractor. I'm the apple of God's eyes so underrate me at your peril. Meanwhile I'm here and as strong as titanium", she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back