Politics Fayose Denies Involvement in Ado-Ekiti Court Attack

A

abujagirl

Ekiti State Governor-elect, Mr Ayodele Fayose, on Wednesday denied any involvement with the miscreants that allegedly attacked an Ado-Ekiti Court where his case was being heard on September 22.

Fayose was accused by an Ekiti socio-political group known as the E11, which instituted a legitimacy suit against his candidature in the June 20 Ekiti governorship elections, of being responsible for the attack.

Addressing newsmen in Lagos, Fayose said that those involved in the act were neither sponsored by him nor the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP in the state.

"I don’t know the people involved. Apart from us leading the people, they know when you are playing pranks or want to deceive them.

"It is not only PDP members that voted for me during the election. It is regrettable that the process in the court was disrupted.

"I just want you to know that I avoided responding to a number of issues but it is good to let Nigerians get the true picture of what is happening in Ekiti,’’ Fayose said.

According to him, he came back into the country on Tuesday night and will follow legal due process to ensure that the mandate freely given to him by Ekiti people to lead them in the next four years was protected.

"I needed to speak up. I have been in my house in Lagos so that I will not be dragged into such things," he said.

#Ekiti #PDP #Lagos #Fayose

fayosee.jpg

Back