Politics Fayose Scolds Tiv Farmers, Fulani Herdsmen: I Won't Allow You Turn Ekiti Into a War Zone Like Benue

L

LequteMan

Governor Ayodele Fayose has warned Fulani herdsmen and Tiv farmers against turning Ekiti to a war zone.

He said this in a meeting after one herdsman was killed in EKiti state.

“I can’t accept anybody to be killed. If anybody killed anyone I will make sure you are killed by ensuring justice,” said Mr. Fayose.

“I’m sad about the killing in Benue but we don’t want brutality in Ekiti.

“I won’t accept any killing here, the only thing acceptable here is peace. I therefore plead with everybody to cooperate with us.

“I want peace in my state and everybody living here is from Ekiti whether you are Fulani, Tiv, Yoruba or anybody. Cow matter can’t cause problem between us. Oke Ako-Irele issue should not be allowed to fester. Cooperate with us and whoever kills would be fished out.

“When you are entering Ekiti, drop wherever you are coming from at the boundary. You can’t kill Yoruba, Fulani, Igbo or Tiv here. From information so far, the deceased died as a result of clash between Fulani herders and some Tiv people, but at that we can’t condone lawlessness. We don’t want that type of Benue issue here.”

Attachments

• ayodele fayose.jpg
    ayodele fayose.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 13
Back