Metro Fayose Talks Tough Over Fulani Herdsmen Attack in Ekiti

P

ProfRem

Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti yesterday threatened a reprisal attack if the herdsmen that killed two people and wounded many others in Oke-Ako, town in Ikole Local Government Area of the State.

This is contained in a statement by the governor’s Special Assistant on Public Communication, Mr Lere Olayinka.

The statement reads in part: “Fayose described the attack which claimed two lives as the height of callousness on the part of the cattle rearers.

“He warned the perpetrators to desist from such heinous crime as he would not guarantee whether there could be reprisal attacks if repeated on the town or elsewhere.”

fayoseeEkiti.jpg

It added that the agents of the devil must be fished out and punished accordingly.

“I will not fold my hands while armed herdsmen invade communities in Ekiti, killing people and destroying farmlands at will, like they did in other states.

“I have directed the police and other security agencies in the state to fish out the killer herdsmen”, the statement said.

The governor commiserated with the people of Oke-Ako, especially the family of the deceased, vowing to do everything humanly possible to forestall a re-occurrence as well as bring the culprits to book.

Back