Entertainment Femi Branch Boils - Nollywood Was Misrepresented During Zuckerberg's Visit

A

abujagirl

Nollywood actor Femi Branch believes that Nollywood was misrepresented during Mark Zuckerburg’s visit to Nigeria.

Femi B.jpg

During the visit, the Facebook CEO had visited the Afrinolly studio and met with a couple of Nollywood stars like Rita Dominic, Stephanie Linus, Richard Mofe-Damijo, and Kunle Afolayan. He also met comedian Basketmouth, singers Yemi Alade and Chidinma, and DJ Cuppy . On his profile, Zuckerberg wrote that he 'met some of Nigeria's biggest stars'.

A video of Zuckerberg's visit was also posted online.

See Zuckerberg's video:

In an Instagram post, Femi Branch wrote, ''Was really pissed off at the way we misrepresent ourselves to foreigners sometimes. Imagine this fellow saying "Here we have all the major Artistes"????? Seriously?!?! These are all the major stars in Nollywood?!?! Are everyone there e.g. Yemi Alade, Chidinma, Basketmouth and Co Nollywood Artistes?!?! This is really idiotic to say the least!!!''

Still speaking on the matter, Femi Branch uploaded a new video and wrote, ''Abeg my lovely people, try and read my posts and understand my words and meanings before penning comments on them. Nollywood means the Nigerian Movie industry, which comprises all screen Actors and practitioners in Nigeria. It does not mean the Nigerian Entertainment industry, which Nollywood itself belongs to. We should be more careful when presenting such vital information to foreigners so they don't leave confused. This is my humble submission o. God bless u all and have a fantabuloustic weekend! ''

Back