Business FG Intervenes in Aviation Crises, To Meet Aero Officials, AMCON on Monday

kemi

Social Member
The Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika yesterday assured the workers of Aero Contractors Airline that the federal government will do everything within its power to save the airline.

aeroplane.jpg aeroplane.jpg

He said this while addressing the protesting staff who occupied its headquarters at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos on Friday.

The Minister assured that he would meet with Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) and the management of Aero Contractors to discuss some of the challenges facing the airline on Monday.

He said: “I landed from Riyadh to Lagos and before I left Riyadh I was informed by the people in charge in Aero that things were getting worse and they have only one airplane operational at the moment.

“I said to myself since I have time between my flight to Lagos and connecting one to Abuja, I should come and see Aero and probably discuss a few issues with the managers and possibly see the staff.

“Unfortunately, I came here and saw that there is a protest going on, so I had to stop by, listened, discussed and came to an agreement.

“It is not the government of APC that will kill jobs and close down shops; our intent is to promote jobs and promote businesses in Nigeria so that businesses will be growing

“The protest is justifiable and I agree with the issues raised, but we will look into it and come up with a solution that will be mutually beneficial to all of us both the staff, the company and government itself

Back