Metro Fulani Herdsmen Battle Policemen Stationed at Chief Olu Falae's Farm

L

LequteMan

The farm belonging to former Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Chief Olu Falae, Kajola Village, Akure North LGA of Ondo state recently was the scene of a fight between policemen and fulani herdsmen according to Punch.

The herdsmen invaded the farm with their cows on Thursday with the police resisting the intrusion. The policemen were stationed at the farm by the state's police commissioner to prevent such incidents following several complaints from Olu Falae.

Numbering about 10, the herdsmen allegedly opened fire on the policemen and insisted that they would not leave the farm because their cows grazed on it.

They were eventually sent packing from the farm. No arrests have been made.

Speaking about the incident, the National Chairman of the Social Democratic Party, Olu Falae said:

“I invited the police to my farm because the herdsmen have been coming to the farm every day for several weeks. They came into the farm around 5am till 9am and destroyed the farm. So, I went to the police for protection and some policemen were sent to the farm.

“They got to the farm and met three separate herds feeding fat on my farm. When the policemen approached them, they fired at the policemen.

“The policemen went there to see if they can effect arrest for trespassing and destroying farm produce. So if the herdsmen could fire at the policemen what would they do to me?"

Attachments

• police atta.jpg
    police atta.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 22
Back