Metro Ghanaian Man Disappears After Attending TB Joshua's Church in Lagos

P

ProfRem

The police in Lagos state have launched a manhunt for a Ghanaian engineer, Dotse Dzrekey, who allegedly disappeared after attending a prayer programme at the Synagogue Church of All Nations, SCOAN, in the Ikotun area of the state.

The 59-year-old engineer, who worked in an oil company in Accra, Ghana, had come to Lagos on May 5 with his countryman, Don Emmanuel, to attend a prayer programme scheduled to hold on May 7, the Punch learnt.

According to the PUNCH, the duo had gone for a service at SCOAN on May 7.

However, while walking out of the auditorium, Dzrekey reportedly got lost in the crowd.

Emmanuel was said to have waited at the entrance of the auditorium even as there was no trace of his friend.

Subsequently, Emmanuel returned to the hotel where they lodged and later reported the matter at the Ikotun Police Division.

gha.JPG

Narrating the incident, Emmanuel said he had assumed that Dzrekey had decided to return alone to Ghana, until he (Emmanuel) was called on the telephone by Dzrekey’s family members that they had yet to see him.

Emmanuel said, “This is my second time in Lagos. I am a SCOAN member in Ghana. I come to Lagos for prayers. Dzrekey and I came to Lagos on May 5 and we checked into a hotel not on the SCOAN premises. We had been going for several prayer sessions.

I went to the police station on Monday and reported the matter.

“The police took my statement. But since May 9, neither I nor his family members in Ghana have got any update.

“He did not return to Ghana because his family members called me that he had not returned. The Ghanaian High Commission is also aware of this incident,” Emmanuel added.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, SP Dolapo Badmos, said the family had not reported back at the police station.

Back