Politics 'God is Tired of Nigeria,We Voted the Wrong Govt into Power'-Amaechi Blames FG for Chibok Kidnap

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Rivers state governor, Rotimi Amaechi on Tuesday blamed the federal government and all Nigerians for the kidnap of the Chibok schoolgirls.

According to The Nation, speaking during an interdenominational church service to mark the 2014 Children’s Day held at the Alfred Diete Spiff Civic Centre, Port Harcourt, Amaechi told the children and other Nigerians present, "The blame is on us; your parents and those of us who are in government. We owe you the responsibility of safety; we owe you the responsibility of good education so that you can become for us the future parents when we depart this world".

"All of us are guilty of this crime because in 2011, we went and voted for this government. So, we are responsible for the kidnap of Chibok school children, because we chose the government; you chose me and you chose the president. If, therefore, you are not able to protect the Chibok girls, then, all of us, especially the government in power, should be held responsible for the lives of the children of Chibok.

"I have said it before; God is tired of Nigeria, and now is the opportunity to choose another government. Chibok girls are over 200. You heard they killed 310 the next week near Chibok; what did we do? They are killing every day. People are losing their children, losing their parents every day. They went to Yobe State, burnt the whole school and killed children. What did we do?"

"It means that you and I must rise up and ask for change today, including the children, to demand for a better government, to demand for accountability, to ask why Chibok girls were kidnapped and PDP was celebrating in Kano. All of us are guilty of the crime against Chibok girls, not the president. The president or PDP is guilty because it is in power and they are supposed to protect you and I; but, you and I are not protected. But, we are guilty of choosing them".

amaechi.jpg

#amaechi #chibok #pdp #kano #riversstate #kano

Back